Upcoming New Jersey Pay-to-Play Filing: Due March 30, 2015
Any business entity holding contracts in 2014 that, in the aggregate, totaled more than $50,000 with state agencies, the legislature, counties, municipalities, school boards and fire districts in New Jersey must electronically file an annual disclosure statement with the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission by March 30, 2015. The “Business Entity Annual Statement” (Form BE) requires disclosure of contract information and all reportable political contributions.
Reportable contributions are those that are greater than $300 in the aggregate made to any state, county or municipal candidate or committee. Contributions made by the following must be disclosed:
- the business entity
- owners or those in control of at least 10 percent of the business entity
- officers, directors and partners and their spouses
- subsidiaries directly or indirectly controlled by the business entity
- political action committees directly or indirectly controlled by the business entity
- children of sole proprietors.
Please note that a report must be filed even if no reportable contributions have been made.
If you have any questions concerning this alert, please contact:
|Melissa L. Laurenza