Akin Gump recently hosted the webinar “30 Days Postelection, Reading the Tea Leaves on the U.S. Renewables Market,” looking at the future of renewable energy under the incoming Trump administration. Panelists included the following members of the firm’s global projects and finance and public law and policy practices:
- Former U.S. Senator John Sununu (R-NH), adjunct senior policy advisor, public law and policy
- John Marciano, partner, renewable energy tax
- Jeff McMillen, partner, public law and policy
- Ed Pagano, partner, public law and policy
- Brian Pomper, partner, public law and policy
- Ed Zaelke, partner, renewable energy & chair, global project finance practice
The speakers addressed several topics of interest to U.S. and European private equity funds invested in renewable energy as well as renewable energy investors, developers, tax equity investors and lenders. The panel discussed how issues such as tax credits, trade policy and environmental concerns might be addressed during a Trump administration.
Please click here to listen to the webinar in its entirety.