Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading advisor to U.S. and international clients operating or investing in the global aerospace and defense industry.
We regularly represent aircraft and component manufacturers, foreign governments, defense contractors, investors and boards of directors on strategic advisory issues and transactional and government contracts matters; in litigation and arbitration matters; and before government agencies and other bodies on a host of regulatory and compliance issues.
We are a global, integrated, full-service law firm. Our capabilities extend across all of the traditional legal disciplines and include extensive regulatory, public policy and government relations experience. In light of the highly regulated nature of the global aerospace and defense industry, we believe this full complement of legal and policy advocacy capabilities is a source of competitive advantage for our clients. Our work on behalf of aerospace and defense industry participants includes:
- policy outreach and advocacy that extends to the Pentagon, numerous defense and intelligence agencies, the individual military services, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and many other national security agencies
- formation, administration and litigation of contracts with the U.S. government or funded by the U.S. government
- compliance with international trade regimes (such as International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)), economic sanctions and trade embargoes
- antibribery/Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, antitrust and private equity investments, which may require review by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS)
- virtually every aspect of international, federal and state regulation of the aviation industry. The firm’s lawyers routinely work with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), FAA and Transportation Security Administration (TSA).