Trends toward digital everything, everywhere and anytime—and increased pressures to ratchet up cybersecurity—are driving timelines for development of secure data centers. Given the many technical and compliance considerations involved in keeping data safe, it’s essential to have legal counsel who fully understand just how high the stakes are.
We have assisted in the development, acquisition and disposition of 50+ data centers across the country, working with many of the world’s most prominent investment funds and family offices, as well as real estate investment trusts (REITs), advising on the special requirements in connection with data center transactions, including the design, engineering, construction, financing and leasing of data centers and co-location facilities. Our team delivers timely and effective advice in establishing safe, leading-edge data facilities.
- Represented a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) in a multibillion-dollar merger with a data center operator.
- Advised a real estate investment fund in the acquisition and financing of three existing data center facilities in the continental United States, and the management company operating such facilities, for a combined purchase price of $545 million. The three facilities are owned by a REIT.
- Represented a private equity fund in the development, construction, and leasing of 15 build-to-suit hyperscale data centers.
- Assisted a REIT in the sale of two data center facilities in the continental U.S. for a combined purchase price of $563 million.
- Assisted a private equity fund as seller’s counsel in the sale of a $95 million data center facility.