Akin Gump’s clients include some of the largest and best-known litigation funders worldwide, as well as multistrategy investment funds that wish to gain or increase their exposure to this growing asset class.
- Advised international hedge funds on structuring, implementing and operating a series of litigation funding arrangements with a leading litigation funder, including two multitier and international structures to facilitate both Asia-Pacific co-funding and participation arrangements and a European joint venture that funded high-value litigation claims across the globe.
- Advised a major global hedge fund on the establishment of a litigation funding business.
- Represented a global multistrategy investment fund on a joint venture funding arrangement with a leading litigation finance company.
- Represented a litigation funder on all aspects of the raising of their fifth fund, which targeted $1 billion in commitments.
- Advised a multistrategy hedge fund on the preparation of litigation funding and related arrangements for the financing of co-petitioners in complex, offshore proceedings relating to an exercise of shareholder rights.