- Counsels clients on U.S. law and policy affecting international trade and business.
- Advises in sectors including technology, aerospace, energy, defense, health care and life sciences, engineering services, logistics and freight forwarding, manufacturing, venture capital, private equity and retailers.
- Key areas of practice include economic sanctions, export controls, antibribery and anti-money laundering (AML) laws and regulations.
Anne Borkovic advises U.S. and international clients on law and policy affecting international trade and business, including economic sanctions programs, export controls, antibribery and anti-money laundering (AML) laws and regulations.
- Conducting investigations, including preparing voluntary disclosures, responding to government inquiries and subpoenas for multijurisdictional matters, and planning internal investigation management strategies.
- Developing compliance programs and strategies, including designing automated information technology solutions and electronic tools, implementing policies and procedures, and auditing corrective action commitments.
- Performing due diligence for corporate transactions, self-assessments and on-site audits.
- Preparing license applications, commodity jurisdiction requests, commodity classification requests (CCATS), encryption review requests, advisory opinion requests and other submissions to U.S. government agencies.