- Advises clients in complex corporate restructurings and bankruptcies, including multijurisdictional and cross-border matters.
- Represents creditors, debtors, bondholders, hedge funds, institutional investors and ad hoc and official creditors’ committees.
Brad Kahn is a financial restructuring practitioner, focused on large, complex in-court and out-of-court corporate restructurings. Brad’s experience includes representing ad hoc and official creditors’ committees, as well as debtors, in high-profile Chapter 11 cases. He also advises clients in multijurisdictional and cross-border insolvency proceedings.
- Advised Constellis in a comprehensive out-of-court debt deleveraging and recapitalization transaction.
- Advised debtor FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. in connection with its complex chapter 11 filing, including the negotiation and approval of certain support agreements and protocols at the outset of the cases, the approval of a multibillion-dollar settlement of claims between the debtors and their non-debtor affiliates, and the confirmation and consummation of the debtors’ chapter 11 plan.
- Represented an ad hoc group of second lien noteholders of Erickson, Inc. in connection with a successful restructuring pursuant to which the second lien noteholders provided debtor-in-possession and exit financing to the debtors.
- Counseled the official committee of unsecured creditors of SandRidge Energy, Inc. in connection with the company’s complex chapter 11 cases.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors of Nortel Networks Inc. in connection with Nortel’s cross-border insolvency proceedings, including the resolution of disputes regarding the allocation of more than $7 billion in asset sale proceeds.