- Focuses on patent infringement litigation in federal district courts and at the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) and post-grant proceedings at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
- Represents high-tech companies in a broad range of sectors, including electronics, computer hardware and software, Internet and network communications, wireless, and semiconductors.
- Counsels clients in IP transactions, due diligence, strategic patent portfolio management, and other IP-related matters.
Brandon has more than a decade of experience in all aspects of patent litigation, from pre-litigation through trial and appeal. He has served as lead counsel in district court actions and ITC investigations. He has substantial experience in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (EDVA), known as the “Rocket Docket,” where he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Henry E. Hudson.
- Representing petitioner Lectrosonics, Inc. as lead counsel in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings against Zaxcom, Inc. related to wireless audio recording and processing technology.
- Represented patent owner Signify (formerly known as Philips Lighting) as lead counsel in district court and ITC actions and inter partes review (IPR) proceedings against various companies related to light-emitting diode (LED) lighting devices, power supplies, and optics.
- Represented petitioner Unified Patents as lead counsel in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings against various patent owners related to Global Positioning System (GPS) location tracking devices, video and audio data compression, personal communications system transmission protocol, Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM), short message service (SMS) messaging, telemetry applications, network bandwidth allocation and management, and public key cryptosystems.
- Represented defendant United Bank in patent infringement action in the Eastern District of Virginia (EDVA) brought by Groove Digital, Inc. related to the delivery and display of digital content to computer systems, push notifications, and smartphone applet applications.
- Represented United Technologies Corporation in district court and ITC actions and post-grant proceedings against Rolls-Royce plc and General Electric Company related to gas turbine engine technologies.
Public Service and Affiliations