Carlos M. Bermudez is a member of the firm’s corporate practice. Mr. Bermudez has more than 10 years of experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities representations.
Practice & Background
Mr. Bermudez represents a diverse array of clients, including public companies, private companies and private equity funds, in acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, cross-border and similar transactions. He also has broad experience in corporate finance, securities and general corporate matters.
Mr. Bermudez also has experience in the corporate aspects of financial restructurings.
Mr. Bermudez is currently a member of the firm’s diversity and pro bono committees.
Mr. Bermudez’s recent engagements include representing:
- an informal group of noteholders of Inversiones Alsacia, S.A., a Chilean bus operator
- an informal group of noteholders of Desarolladora Homex, S.A.B. de C.V., a Mexican homebuilder
- a private equity firm in its acquisition of a majority stake in a performing rights organization
- a private equity firm in its acquisition of a majority stake in nine product tankers
- a private equity firm in its acquisition and subsequent disposition of an air and logistics company
- a private equity firm in its negotiations for the acquisition of a publicly traded mortgage servicing company
- a private equity fund in connection with an $80 million mezzanine debt facility to a Washington Indian tribe
- a private equity fund in connection with a $50 million subordinated notes offering to a Washington Indian tribe
- a publicly traded concrete company in its $24.5 million acquisition of a concrete company located in California
- a publicly traded national radio broadcast and outdoor servicing company in a leveraged buyout transaction valued at $24 billion
- a publicly traded national veterinary hospital and laboratory chain in its $76.5 million acquisition of an animal hospital service company
- a publicly traded national veterinary hospital and laboratory chain in its acquisition of a supplier of ultrasound and digital radiology equipment to the veterinary market
- a publicly traded fast-food restaurant company in its sale of a regional restaurant chain
- a publicly traded engineering services firm in its merger with a publicly traded business in the same industry in a stock-for-stock and cash merger valued at $180 million
- an Oklahoma Indian tribe in a $70 million placement of senior secured notes to finance the construction and opening of an initial gaming facility
- a California Indian tribe in its $200 million Rule 144A bond offering to finance the expansion of its gaming facility and the construction of a hotel and resort property
- a professional services firm in its $100 million Rule 144A contingent convertible debt offering.
Awards & Accolades
Mr. Bermudez was named by M&A Advisor as one of the top 40 Under 40 M&A Advisors on the West Coast in 2012.