- Represents public and private companies and equity funds in acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, cross-border and similar transactions.
- Also has experience in the corporate aspects of financial restructurings.
- Handles matters domestically, as well as in Asia and Latin America.
Carlos Bermudez represents a diverse group of clients, including private companies, public companies and private equity funds in sophisticated transactions that protect and enhance their business interests.
- Advised Kingston Technology, one of the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products, as a member of the consortium that purchased Toshiba Memory Corporation (TMC), a fully owned subsidiary of Japanese conglomerate Toshiba, for approximately $18 billion. The consortium, led by Bain Capital Private Equity, LP., included SK Hynix, Hoya, Apple Inc., Kingston Technology, Dell and Seagate Technology. Negotiated a favorable long-term memory supply agreement with TMC, as well as investment documents that protected Kingston Technology’s interests in connection with its participation in the consortium. The deal was the largest M&A transaction in Asia in 2018.
- Advised VCA Inc., the nation’s largest animal care provider that was publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market, in its sale to Mars Corporation for $9.1 billion.
- Represented VCA Inc. in connection with its acquisition of 50% of PetCare, a company that owns veterinary hospitals and laboratories in Brazil. PetCare will serve as VCA’s platform in Brazil.
- Negotiated investment documents for a global private equity fund in an equity investment of up to $180 million in a company that operates a fleet of fire suppressing planes.
- Negotiated investment documents, including a shareholder agreement, for a global private equity fund in a co-investment in an Argentinian fiber network company.
Public Service and Affiliations