- Focuses on entertainment and media finance.
- Advises in financing, distribution and production of film and television projects in the United States, Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
- Head of the firm’s entertainment and media practice.
Chris Spicer represents financial institutions, mezzanine investors, production companies, and equity providers in entertainment financing and co-financing related to motion pictures, television and digital platforms.
- Advised Bank of America in a $300 million credit facility with Miramax related to the financing of its current and future production slate. Also advised the client in the $120 million refinancing of FilmNation Entertainment LLC’s existing credit facility relating to the funding, production, acquisition, and distribution of multiple theatrical motion pictures and television programs.
- Provided advice to XYZ Films in a cryptocurrency-funded, blockchain-distributed film financing deal in which it will partner with others to finance and produce a science fiction anthology. This was the first film production ever to be financed and distributed using blockchain technology and Ether currency.
- Represented East West Bank as lender in its providing of a credit facility to Bona Films Group for the latter’s $235 million investment in a slate of Hollywood movies from 20th Century Fox.
- Counseled a United Arab Emirates sovereign investment fund in connection with various investments in the entertainment and media areas, including the initial capitalization of AGC Studios.
- Acted as counsel to a major Chinese production company in various cross-border transactions and film productions.
Public Service and Affiliations