- Focuses on labor and employment matters in corporate and special situations transactions and in- and out-of-court restructurings.
- Advises companies and alternative investment managers on labor-management relations, complex workforce matters and best practices under federal, state and local law.
Desireé concentrates her practice at the intersection of employment and traditional labor law and innovative restructuring and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions. In connection with devising and executing on multifaceted labor strategies, particularly in the context of special situations transactions and restructurings, her noteworthy experience includes:
- Managing workforce liabilities
- Transfer, hiring and separation of executives and employees
- Executive and employee agreements
- Labor-management relations
- Negotiation of collective bargaining agreements
- Employee communications and crisis management.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Dean Foods.
- Advised Energy Harbor Corp. (fka FirstEnergy Solutions Corp.) in connection with its complex bankruptcy and restructuring.
- Counseled International Shipholding Corp (ISH) and certain of its subsidiaries, in connection with its chapter 11 proceeding.
- Represented a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)-listed technology company in the divestiture of a division to a private equity fund.
- Advised senior secured note holders in Constellation Enterprises LLC’s chapter 11 proceedings.