- Focuses on global energy transactions.
- Spanish speaker with considerable energy industry experience in Latin America.
Eduardo Canales counsels public and private energy companies in domestic and international acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, project development and strategic transactions along the oil and gas supply chain.
- Represented a public exploration and production (E&P) company in a joint development agreement with private equity fund in connection with a $2.3 billion acquisition of Eagle Ford Shale assets.
- Advised a public E&P company in a series of asset acquisitions in the Midland Basin totaling over $700 million.
- Counseled a major E&P company in a series of five divestitures of producing properties in south and east Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi totaling over $1.2 billion.
- Represented a public E&P company in the divestiture of all of its assets in certain shale plays located in Texas and Louisiana totaling over $500 million.
- Acted as counsel to an international oil and gas trading and marketing company in connection with the sale of its west Texas assets totaling over $750 million.
Public Service and Affiliations