- Advises clients on domestic and international oil, gas, mining and renewable energy transactions.
- Focuses on M&A, project development, joint ventures and corporate matters.
Eduardo Canales counsels public and private companies and private equity funds in complex, multijurisdictional transactions including:
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Joint ventures
- Project development
- Represented Apache Corporation in its joint venture with Total S.A. to explore and develop Block 58 offshore Suriname, which included consideration of $175 million in cash and over $5 billion carry on appraisal and development costs.
- Represented DEA Deutsche Erodel AG in its acquisition of Sierra Oil and Gas for more than $500 million, including the Zama discovery and six exploration and appraisal blocks, offshore Mexico.
- Advised an industrial conglomerate in the acquisition of interests in a mining company that owned a mining concessions in Angola and assisted in the negotiation of the joint venture thereafter.
- Represented one of the world’s leading specialists in low carbon energy infrastructure, in its construction debt and tax equity financing of a 300 MW wind project in Texas.
- Advised Diamondback Energy Inc. in connection with its $9.2 billion all-stock merger with Energen Corporation.
Public Service and Affiliations