- Extensive experience in corporate finance and securities matters.
- Particular skill in structuring complex financing arrangements and analyzing debt investment opportunities.
- Advisor to underwriters in more than 75 debt and equity offerings and issuers in more than 100 securities offerings.
Chip Cowell represents companies, underwriters and investors in corporate finance and securities matters, with particular experience in structuring complex financing arrangements and analyzing debt investment opportunities.
- Assisted a private equity client in developing a market-standard, cross-border secured financing structure for Canadian oil and gas exploration companies, translating investor protections and liquidity benefits of U.S. public securities.
- Used seasoned market know-how to achieve state-of-the-art covenant package for a first-time secured bond issuer, implementing significant issuer-favorable enhancements to ensure operational flexibility.
- Harnessed deep securities and debt experience to devise practical solutions under existing debt of power generation holding company, using innovative analysis in complex indenture matters to achieve company-favorable solutions.
- Utilized extensive experience in engineering covenant workarounds to unlock $20 million of liquidity for a new restructuring client, using a buried loophole in asset sale restriction, an exception overlooked by predecessor law firm.
- As a “go-to” partner for convertible equity transactions, negotiated significant provisions for a midstream master limited partnership (MLP) issuer of preferred securities.
Public Service and Affiliations