- Practice focuses on complex government investigations and related administrative enforcement actions and criminal and civil proceedings.
- Counsels clients on U.S. law and policy affecting international trade and business.
- Served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Terrorism and Export Crimes Section of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Central District of California.
George advises clients on government investigations and white collar defense, with a particular focus on matters relating to export controls and sanctions.
- Assisted an international leader in test, design and emulation solutions in internal investigations and corrective actions related to unauthorized exports and re-exports. Prepared and submitted voluntary disclosures to the U.S. State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls.
- Represented companies, senior executives and board members in connection with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Department of Justice (DOJ) and Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) investigations involving allegations of fraud, money laundering and market manipulation.
- Counseled international oil and gas company related to a DOJ investigation of alleged sanctions and export control violations.
- Defended a semiconductor technology company in an export control investigation before the U.S. Departments of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security.
Public Service and Affiliations