- Represents private fund managers and investors in fund formation and fund management activities.
- Advises a wide range of investment funds.
James Deeken represents private fund managers in fund formation activities and in investments into a wide range of investment funds and preferred equity structures.
- Advised a private equity manager in the establishment of three successive leveraged buyout funds.
- Counseled a fund of funds manager in the establishment of three recovery-oriented fund of funds and two successive opportunistic fund of funds with the ability to consummate direct investments.
- Represented a growth equity manager in the formation of two successive growth equity funds.
- Assisted an energy fund manager in the formation of two successive energy funds focused on investments in oil and gas working interests.
- Served as counsel to an international manager in the formation of the world’s first socially focused microinsurance fund.
Public Service and Affiliations