- Focuses on economic sanctions, export controls, national security (including EU and U.K. investment review), trade regulation, and anticorruption and anti-money laundering compliance.
- Has particular experience regarding Russia, China and the Middle East.
- Advises clients across industry sectors such as energy, semiconductor and hi-tech, aerospace and defense, commodity trading, investment funds and private equity on multijurisdictional sanctions and export compliance.
Jasper Helder’s practice focuses on international trade and corporate compliance regarding sanctions, export controls, national security, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering. He also advises on other aspects of trade regulation, including customs, trade remedies, free trade agreements and rules of origin.
- Advising a global semiconductors manufacturer on the U.K. framework for national security reviews of foreign investment under the U.K. Enterprise Act, the U.K. National Security and Investment Act and in relation to an ad-hoc review by the U.K. National Security Advisor.
- Conducting an internal review of compliance with EU/U.K. financial sanctions against Russia in relation to shipping operations for a global energy company, including advising on self-reporting.
- Advising a semiconductors leader on the impact of U.K. and other national security and investment regulations on the acquisition of an Asian wafer fab.
- Assisting various clients in corporate acquisitions of emerging market assets with obtaining U.K. regulatory defenses against potential money laundering liabilities arising from historical compliance issues.
- Conducting a sanctions and export controls compliance review for a global digital security and defense company, including self-disclosures to European and U.S. regulatory agencies.
Public Service and Affiliations