John Allen Bain’s practice includes all aspects of real estate and real estate finance.
Practice & Background
Mr. Bain’s experience includes representing purchasers, sellers, lenders, landlords and tenants in a variety of real estate transactions, including the purchase, sale, financing, refinancing and debt restructuring of hotels, resorts and leisure properties, and the management and leasing of office buildings, multifamily projects, restaurants, industrial properties, manufacturing facilities and raw land.
Mr. Bain received his B.S. in political science and psychology magna cum laude from Texas Christian University in 2004 and his J.D. magna cum laude in 2007 from Southern Methodist University, where he was an articles editor for the SMU Law Review’s Journal of Air Law and Commerce and a member of the Order of the Coif.
Mr. Bain is a member of the State Bar of Texas and the Dallas Bar Association.
Mr. Bain’s recent representations include advising:
- La Quinta Inns & Suites in the sale of a portfolio of 45 hotels in various states
- a public REIT on the real estate aspects of unwinding joint ventures that owned 10 Embassy Suites hotels
- a joint venture in the sale of the St. Gregory Luxury Hotel and Suites located in Washington, D.C.
- a privately held hospitality company in the acquisition and financing of two Hyatt Place hotels located in Texas
- a private investment group in the purchases and financings of various Comfort Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn & Suites hotels in Texas, Colorado, Kentucky, Indiana and North Carolina
- a global private equity fund in the sale of the equity interests in multiple special purpose entities that owned a portfolio of resort properties in Sanibel, Florida
- a global private equity fund in the sale of the Sundial Beach & Golf Resort
- a private fund in the $264 million sale of a large complex of multi-family properties that included shared amenities, commercial elements and club memberships
- a global private equity fund in the sale of the Baltimore Harbor Hotel, the downtown Austin Doubletree, the La Guardia Airport Hotel and other hotels located throughout the United States
- a privately held company in the sale of multiple assisted living facilities and skilled nursing facilities located in Texas
- U.S. subsidiaries of Vallourec in connection with a variety of real property acquisition and development transactions
- a privately held company in connection with acquisition and financing of properties and development of family entertainment facilities with restaurants, bars, amusements, and games for family leisure activities
- V&M Star in the negotiation and closing of a ground lease located in Youngstown, Ohio, involving $1.6 Billion in investment for the construction of a steel plant producing seamless steel pipe, and a simultaneous $64 million sale/leaseback financing of a portion of the facility, together with a related TIF agreement and other agreements with local municipalities
- Genpact LLC in negotiation of corporate campus lease located in Richardson, Texas, constituting over 58,000 square feet of space.
- La Quinta Inns & Suites in multiple single asset hotel sales in various states
- a public concrete company in the real estate aspects of asset acquisitions throughout the United States
- private investors and asset manager in equity investment and negotiation of asset management agreement relating to a Marriott hotel located in Illinois
- a private company in the acquisition and financing of a La Quinta Inn & Suites located in Bonita Springs, Florida.