- Represents public and private companies in connection with capital markets transactions, proxy and consent solicitations and corporate governance matters.
- Advises public companies in connection with ongoing Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting obligations.
John Patrick Clayton’s practice concentrates on public and private capital market transactions, SEC compliance and general corporate governance matters. John regularly represents issuers and private equity sponsors in connection with a wide variety of securities offerings, including initial public offerings, follow-on and secondary offerings, tender offers, high-yield debt offerings and other private financings. John also regularly provides counsel to clients relating to their SEC reporting obligations in connection with public merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions.
- Regularly advises several New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and Nasdaq-listed companies across a variety of industries in connection with their corporate governance and securities matters.
- Advised Construction Partners, Inc., a vertically integrated construction company providing construction products and services to public and private infrastructure projects, in a $180 million initial public stock offering.
- Advised RCCH HealthCare Partners, which is owned by certain funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC, in its recent take-private acquisition of LifePoint Health, Inc. and in its prior acquisition of Capella Health Holdings. The company, now known as LifePoint Health, Inc., operates regional health systems, physician practices, outpatient centers and post-acute facilities in more than 85 non-urban communities that span coast to coast.
- Advised WMIH Corp. in its completed $3.8 billion acquisition of Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc.
- Advised Novitex Holdings, Inc., a private company owned by Apollo Global Management, LLC, in a business combination involving the company SourceHOV Holdings, Inc. and Quinpario Acquisition Corp. 2, a special-purpose acquisition company, to form Exela Technologies, Inc.
Public Service and Affiliations