- Practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, project finance and capital markets transactions, including cross-border transactions.
- Fluent in Russian and Tatar.
Leana Garipova represents clients in domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, project finance and capital markets transactions. Leana also advises clients regarding corporate governance and general corporate and securities matters.
- Advised Cimarex Energy Co. in its acquisition of Resolute Energy Corporation in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $1.6 billion.
- Counseled CenterPoint Energy in its $6 billion acquisition of Vectren Corporation, a power and gas utility operating in Indiana and Ohio.
- Advised Stone Energy Corporation in its $2.5 billion merger with Talos Energy, an independent oil and gas company focused on offshore exploration.
- Represented Diamondback Energy, Inc. in its acquisition of all leasehold interests and related assets from Guidon Operating LLC for 10.63 million shares of Diamondback common stock and $375 million of cash.
- Counseled the conflicts committee of BP Midstream Partners LP in its $468 million acquisition of equity interests in three midstream joint ventures from wholly owned subsidiaries of BP p.l.c.
Public Service and Affiliations