- Recognized as an industry leader in media finance and entertainment transactional matters.
- Advises in financing, distribution and production of film, television and digital content.
- Consistently ranked in leading publications as an influential player in the entertainment sector.
Marissa Román Griffith handles all aspects of sophisticated financing and other transactions involving established entertainment companies, as well as recent entrants that are transforming the sector.
- Leading the team representing Media Rights Capital (MRC) and its affiliates in connection with (i) MRC’s JPMorgan credit facility (including in various refinancings of such facility) and (ii) MRC’s financing arrangements in film and TV (including for the films Baby Driver, The Dark Tower, Dora and the Lost City of Gold, Knives Out, The Lovebirds, Mortal Engines, Ted and Ted 2 and the episodic series Counterpart, The Dark Tower, The Great, House of Cards, The Outsider and Ozark).
- Lead lawyer for MUFG Union Bank in a senior secured revolving credit facility for an affiliate of 2.0 Entertainment, the proceeds of which are used for investment in theatrical motion pictures, including recent theatrical releases Bad Boys For Life, Charlie’s Angels and Zombieland: Double Tap.
- Counseling MRC on co-financing arrangements for multiple Sony titles, including 22 Jump Street, Hotel Transylvania 3, Peter Rabbit, Sex Tape and Think Like a Man Too.
- Leading the team representing Comerica Bank in a multimillion-dollar senior secured revolving credit facility to an affiliate of Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios.
- Representing Media Guarantors Insurance Solutions, LLC in the establishment of its new completion bond business and its first four completion bond transactions.
Public Service and Affiliations