Mary Lovely is counsel in the firm’s global energy and transactions practice.
Practice & Background
Ms. Lovely represents both strategic and financial buyers, sellers and investors in public and private M&A transactions, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, minority investments and joint ventures. She also represents public and private companies and private equity funds in public and private equity and debt offerings.
Ms. Lovely has worked with private equity funds and their portfolio companies, including representing private equity funds in platform acquisitions and investments and assisting portfolio companies as they make acquisitions to increase their geographic footprint and range of services and products.
Ms. Lovely regularly advises on organization, equity and stockholder agreements, venture capital financing, commercial transactions and exit strategies. She has also advised public companies with respect to SEC compliance and corporate governance matters.
Ms. Lovely earned her J.D. from Fordham University School of Law in 2010 where she earned the Dean’s Medal of Achievement for her outstanding contributions to Fordham, served as the Student Bar Association President, and participated as a member of the Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law.
Ms. Lovely was named a finalist for the Texas Executive Women’s 2016 Rising Star Award. She is a member of the State Bar of Texas.
Ms. Lovely has recently represented:
- an E&P company in a $181 million sale of Eagle Ford assets
- a French-based business services company in its acquisition of a Texas-based employee engagement solutions company for $60 million
- a public company in the its sale by tender offer for approximately $90 million
- a private equity company in connection with multiple acquisitions of and investments into parts, service, equipment, and manufacturing companies in the waste and recycling industry
- a large state pension plan in multiple investments into major private equity and hedge funds
- a French-based public pharmaceutical company in the sale of its United States affiliate for up to $20 million
- a large real estate developer in its $150 million offering of LLC Units to qualified investors under the EB-5 Program
- an E&P company in its $125 million notes offering and repurchase of outstanding notes
- a Massachusetts-based frozen food manufacturer in its acquisition of a Texas frozen foods business and real estate
- an Italian-based food manufacturer in its joint venture transaction with a New York food manufacturer and distributor
- a gourmet food franchise in a joint venture transaction with prominent real estate investor
- a not-for-profit healthcare system in its acquisition of a Houston orthopedic and spine hospital
- an NDT and mechanical testing company in its sale to a public company.
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Association for Corporate Growth (Houston Chapter)
- UVA Club of Houston
- University of Virginia Alumni Association (Giving Committee Member)
- Fordham Law Alumni Association (Recent Graduates Committee Member)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Hope For Three Autism Advocates
- Fort Bend Junior Service League