- Assists clients with U.S. and international trade controls and regulatory compliance issues affecting international trade and business.
- Member, Akin Gump Diversity Committee.
Nnedinma (Nnedi) Ifudu Nweke counsels U.S. and non-U.S. clients on U.S. laws and policy affecting cross border transactions and international trade, including export control laws, economic sanctions and trade embargoes, antiboycott laws and regulations, anticorruption laws including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and anti-money laundering laws.
- Counsels clients subject to U.S. sanctions on compliance with U.S. regulatory requirements, delisting applications, requests for OFAC specific licenses, guidance and advisory opinions, and scope of permissible transactions with non-sanctioned business partners.
- Conducts global anticorruption and sanctions risk assessments and investigations in connection with transactional due diligence.
- Advises non-U.S. clients on compliance with applicable U.S. secondary sanctions measures regarding Iran and Russia.
- Assists registered investment advisers, private equity funds and other financial institutions on compliance with U.S. anti-money laundering laws and best practices, and develops related compliance programs.
- Provides legal counsel to global energy companies on U.S. legal and policy developments regarding Russia, Venezuela and Iran, and implications for global business operations.