Nnedinma (Nnedi) C. Ifudu Nweke is a member of the international trade practice.
Practice & Background
Ms. Ifudu works with U.S. and non-U.S. companies, organizations and individuals to provide assistance with various aspects of U.S. and international trade controls and regulatory compliance that affect international trade and business, including U.S. export controls, U.S. and international economic sanctions and trade embargoes, U.S. anti-boycott laws, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act.
Ms. Ifudu represents clients in international trade matters before many U.S. government departments and agencies, including the departments of Commerce, Justice, State and the Treasury. Specifically, Ms. Ifudu has helped clients in various industries to manage effectively due diligence investigations in connection with investment fund formation, mergers, acquisitions and other transactions. In addition, Ms. Ifudu advises clients on how to respond to U.S. government enforcement investigations, develop and implement compliance policies and procedures, prepare voluntary self-disclosures and conduct internal reviews, audits and investigations.
Ms. Ifudu’s practice involves drafting license applications, commodity classification requests, commodity jurisdiction requests, advisory opinion requests and other submissions to relevant U.S. government agencies. Ms. Ifudu also develops and delivers training presentations on various international trade control topics.
Ms. Ifudu is currently a member of the firm’s diversity committee.
She earned her J.D. in 2003 from Harvard Law School, where she was a line editor for the Harvard International Law Journal. She is also a member of the American Bar Association.
- Speaker, “Trump and Trade: 2018 Compliance Implications,” African-American General Counsel Retreat, Miami, FL, March 10, 2018
- Speaker, “EU Sanctions Developments,” Akin Gump’s Seminar on International Sanctions and Anti-Bribery Laws, Moscow, Russia, March 1, 2018
- Speaker, “Cuba, Open for U.S. business?” LITE (Legal Innovator Talk Experience) Washington, D.C., September 25, 2016
- Panelist, “Update on EU Sanctions/Russia/Iran/Ukraine,” NielsonSmith’s EU Trade Controls for North American Companies 2016, Washington, D.C., May 4, 2016
- Panelist, “Back to Business in Iran After the Nuclear Deal: Maximizing Opportunity and Minimizing Liability Risks,” Strafford Webinar, October 13, 2015
- Speaker, “Policy, Politics and Proliferation: Planning for the P5+1 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action Regarding Iran,” Webinar, April 21, 2015.