- Assists with debt and equity capital markets, structured finance and other transactional matters.
- Advises clients on data protection, privacy and cybersecurity matters.
Sahar Abas advises clients on a broad range of debt and equity capital markets and finance transactions using both conventional and Islamic finance structures. She completed her training contract in the firm’s London office, during which time she undertook a six month secondment to the firm’s Dubai office. She was recently awarded Highly Commended in the Most Promising Newcomer category at the Law.com Middle East Legal Awards 2021.
- Advised Kuveyt Türk Katilim Bankasi A.S., one of the leading Turkish participation banks majority-owned by Kuwait Finance House, on the landmark issuance of US$350 million of fixed-rate resettable sustainability Tier 2 certificates due 2031, listed on the Irish Stock Exchange plc (Euronext Dublin). This is the world’s first sustainable regulatory capital sukuk issuance.
- Advised Capital Investments (DIFC) Ltd. and Capital Investments and Brokerage Company / Jordan Ltd. as the sole structuring agent and manager, respectively, in respect of Capital Bank of Jordan’s inaugural $100 million Reg S perpetual Basel III-compliant additional tier 1 capital securities offering. The capital securities have been admitted to trading on Nasdaq Dubai. The issuance is the first-ever additional tier 1 capital securities offering out of Jordan.
- Advised Albilad Capital in relation to the update and drawdown under the SAR400,000,000 Sukuk issuance programme of Morabaha Marina Financing Company, one of the leading Saudi Arabian finance companies.
- Advised Albilad Capital in relation to the update and drawdown under the SAR500,000,000 sukuk issuance programme of Maalem Financing Company.
- Represented the financier on a complex, multifaceted and multi-jurisdictional secured direct lending transaction whereby our client granted a term loan facility to a global fashion house originating from the Middle East.