- Practice focuses on merger control, antitrust issues and regulation in the context of mergers and acquisitions, including cross-border transactions.
- Acts for a number of the world’s largest financial institutions.
Scott Pettifor advises on merger cases (at an EU, U.K. and multijurisdictional level), behavioral issues and the application of sectoral regulations. Scott’s understanding of the merger control landscape is significant and affords him the ability to provide succinct, actionable advice. He provides multijurisdictional advice on large global transactions for merging parties as well as for the financial institutions with related exposure.
- Advised Bridas Corporation on the multijurisdictional merger control issues and approvals required in the formation of an integrated energy company through the combination of Bridas and BP’s interests in an oil and gas producer, and a refiner and marketer. Undertook a comprehensive multijurisdictional analysis and provided in-depth advice on all antitrust and regulatory aspects outside of South America. Obtained required merger control approval in the EU and coordinated required merger filings in China and South Korea.
- Advised John Wood Group plc in relation to the formation of a joint venture (predominantly active in the servicing of gas turbines) with Siemens AG.
- Acted for Vodafone Group plc in relation to the disposal of Vodafone Group plc’s 45 percent interest in Verizon Wireless to Verizon Communications Inc., Vodafone Group plc’s joint venture partner.