Practice & Background
Scott Pettifor is a member of the EU competition group. Mr. Pettifor has experience in a broad spectrum of work, including advising on merger cases (at an EU, U.K. and multijurisdictional level), behavioural issues and the application of sectoral regulations. His work has spanned a broad spectrum of industry sectors, including telecommunications, food retail, energy services, media and insurance.
Mr. Pettifor received a distinction in his Master of Law from King’s College London in 2009 and obtained a distinction on the Accelerated LPC at BPP Law School, London in 2010.
Mr. Pettifor’s recent engagements include:
- advising John Wood Group plc in relation to the formation of a joint venture (predominantly active in the servicing of gas turbines) with Siemens AG
- advising Vodafone Group plc in relation to the disposal of Vodafone Group plc’s 45 percent interest in Verizon Wireless to Verizon Communications Inc., Vodafone Group plc’s joint venture partner
- advising Regus plc in relation to the acquisition of MWB Business Exchange plc, a U.K.-based provider of flexible workspaces
- advising Standard Life plc in relation to the acquisition of Ignis Asset Management Limited from a subsidiary of Phoenix Group Holdings
- advising Vion N.V. in relation to the sale of the Dutch-based food producer’s U.K. pork business to Endless LLP
- advising First Reserve Corporation in relation to the acquisition of energy infrastructure assets from, and the formation of a joint venture with, Petrofac.