Yujin McNamara’s practice focuses on U.S. law and policy affecting international trade and business.
Practice & Background
Ms. McNamara counsels clients on U.S. law and policy affecting international trade and business, including dispute settlement under the World Trade Organization (WTO), antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings before the U.S. Department of Commerce and the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) and trade remedy litigation under the U.S. Court of International Trade (CIT). Ms. McNamara also advises U.S. and foreign clients on various international trade law and policy matters related to WTO agreements, regional FTAs and BITs, trade remedies, and U.S. trade policy.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Ms. McNamara served as a post-graduate legal intern in the Legal Affairs Division of the WTO. While in law school, she also served as a legal intern with U.S. Court of International Trade Judge Delissa Ridgeway.
Ms. McNamara earned her J.D. from American University Washington College of Law in 2011, where she was a member of the ELSA International WTO Moot Court team, and president of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association.
Ms. McNamara is fluent in Korean.
- Representation of two steel manufacturers against allegations of dumping in the investigation and administrative review of Oil Country Tubular Goods from Korea at the U.S. Department of Commerce and in related CIT and WTO litigation
- Representation of mining company in preparation for investor-state arbitration proceedings against Panama, pursuant to the U.S.-Panama BIT
- Representation of sovereign governments in WTO dispute resolution related to the Anti-Dumping Agreement, Agreement on Subsidies and Countervailing Measures, Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures, and Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade
- Representation of major steel manufacturers against allegations of dumping in investigations of corrosion-resistant steel products, cold-rolled steel products, and hot-rolled steel products from Korea
- Representation of a manufacturer against allegations of dumping in an investigation and administrative reviews of large power transformers from Korea and related CIT litigation
- Representation of a major electronics company against allegations of dumping in an investigation of large residential washers from China.