Akin Gump regularly represents issuers, private equity funds and their portfolio companies, obligors and underwriters in the full range of public and private debt and equity transactions, including:
- initial and secondary public offerings
- shelf registrations and takedowns
- offerings of investment-grade, high-yield and convertible debt
- tender offers, exchange offers and consent solicitations
- Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings and traditional private placements
- leveraged acquisition financing
- American Depositary Share offerings
- commercial paper offerings
- rights offerings
- offerings of tax-exempt industrial development bonds
- offerings of electric utility securitization bonds
- PIPE transactions
- debt restructurings
- offerings on behalf of REITs.
We have extensive experience advising issuers and creditors with respect to debt restructuring transactions, inside and outside of formal bankruptcy proceedings. Also of note is our specialized experience in transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs). In recent years, some of the market’s most sophisticated SPAC investors and underwriters have turned to Akin Gump as counsel on their deals.
In the first half of 2016, we ranked in the top 10 among advisors to high-yield corporate bond issuers and among the top 20 advisors on U.S. equity offerings (by Bloomberg). Over the past three years, we advised on more than $67 billion in capital markets transactions.