Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s global Commodity Trading Advisors (CTA)/Commodity Pool Operators (CPO) practice represents sponsors of all types of commodity trading firms, including CTAs and sponsors of commodity pools.
Our CTA/CPO team advises clients with respect to:
- registration and exemption
- counterparty and trading relationships
- CTA and CPO compliance
- NFA and CFTC and exchange audits and enforcement actions
- tax and ERISA advice
- intellectual property and trademark protection
- cybersecurity, privacy and data protection.
We represent CTAs with respect to allocations from major institutional allocators, including:
- major investment and commercial banks
- FCM and other platforms
- sovereign wealth funds
- state and municipal plans
- public funds
- private funds
- corporate pension plans
- mutual funds.
We have organized and provided representation to hundreds of commodity pools and their CPOs and CTAs. Our lawyers are positioned to help clients pursue opportunities worldwide.