Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s global Commodity Trading Advisors (CTA)/Commodity Pool Operators (CPO) practice represents sponsors of all types of commodity trading firms, including CTAs and sponsors of commodity pools. We currently represent 19 of the 50 largest CTAs in the world, as well as five of the top 10 largest CTAs.*
Our CTA/CPO team advises clients with respect to:
- registration and exemption
- counterparty and trading relationships
- CTA and CPO compliance
- NFA and CFTC and exchange audits and enforcement actions
- tax and ERISA advice
- intellectual property and trademark protection
- cybersecurity, privacy and data protection.
We represent CTAs with respect to allocations from major institutional allocators, including:
- major investment and commercial banks
- FCM and other platforms
- sovereign wealth funds
- state and municipal plans
- public funds
- private funds
- corporate pension plans
- mutual funds.
We have organized and provided representation to hundreds of commodity pools and their CPOs and CTAs. Our lawyers are positioned to help clients pursue opportunities worldwide.