- Represents clients in relation to power and renewables generation, project development and financing, energy mergers and acquisitions (M&A), electricity and emissions trading and energy regulation.
- Advises in relation to the full spectrum of energy transition matters including battery and energy storage, electric vehicles, carbon capture and storage and clean hydrogen.
- Leads for the firm on energy, renewables and transition matters in the UK and Europe.
Alex advises clients on electricity generation, project development, financing, M&A, joint ventures, trading and regulation across the renewables, low carbon and thermal power sectors. He has worked on fixed and floating offshore wind, solar, hydro, tidal, biomass, energy from waste, nuclear, gas and coal transactions.
- Advising U.K. Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) on the U.K. government response to the unprecedented rise in energy prices in 2021/22, including on design and delivery of support measures for consumers and on the supplier of last resort (SoLR) and special administration regime (SAR) as applied to failed electricity suppliers.*
- Advising Ofgem, the energy regulator for Great Britain, on the design and delivery of a new regulated asset value (RAV) regulatory and government support regime being introduced for major carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) projects.*
- Advising The Crown Estate on all energy aspects of its world leading offshore wind and CCUS portfolios, including in relation to the design and delivery of major public tender rounds for fixed and floating foundation offshore wind capacity.*
- Advising Infracapital on its majority investment in Zenobe, an EV commercial fleet, renewables and battery flexibility provider.*
- Advising Alstom on the €12.4 billion sale of power and grid businesses to General Electric and related joint ventures in grid, renewable power and nuclear sectors. *