Practice & Background
Ezra Zahabi focuses her practice on financial regulatory matters relevant to the investment management and funds industry. Ms. Zahabi advises on relevant developments and considerations regarding changes to the U.K. and EU financial regulatory framework, in particular:
- The Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, the rules of the FCA and the PRA
- The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), including revision process and implementation in the U.K.; the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD), including implementation, structural and systemic changes required and applicability assessments; and the European Markets and Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
Ms. Zahabi advises clients, including brokerages, institutional asset managers, hedge fund managers, private equity fund managers and distributors, on a variety of matters, including:
- regulatory compliance and reporting
- strategic advice in connection with new or forthcoming regulatory requirements
- market abuse and market conduct
- change of control issues
- matters relating to trading financial derivatives
- structuring of investment management and advisory platforms
- structuring onshore and offshore funds
- fund marketing and distribution.
Ms. Zahabi has participated in AIMA working groups regarding the Remuneration Code, AIFMD and MiFID. Ms. Zahabi provides client training on regulatory and legal matters, including market abuse and anti-money laundering.
Ms. Zahabi’s recent engagements include advising:
- on EMIR and other regulatory considerations for cross-border derivatives trading
- on structuring and marketing of overseas hedge funds by EU and overseas investment managers/advisors
- on AIFMD in relation to overseas AIFMs investment management services to EU AIFs.