- Assists with regulatory and legislative strategies for American Indian tribes.
- Supports litigation and appellate work for Indian tribes across the United States.
Jenny Magallanes advises clients regarding American Indian law and policy in a variety of areas involving rights-of-way, Indian gaming, tribal law, land use, and regulatory issues. She provides counsel on regulatory and legislative strategies, and assists in litigation and appellate work for Indian tribes and tribal instrumentalities.
- Navigating federal and tribal rights-of-way regulations to obtain rights-of-way grants.
- Working with the Department of the Interior to secure land status in restricted fee.
- Vigorously lobbying for the passage of the Tribal General Welfare Exclusion Act and advising on applying the law to tribal tax needs.
- Represented a tribally owned federal corporation that provides insurance to tribes and tribal entities, in a dispute with a tribal housing authority to enforce contractual terms preserving tribal sovereign immunity and specifying jurisdiction for dispute resolution. Obtained an injunction against the tribal housing authority to prevent further litigation in tribal court in violation of the contract.
Public Service and Affiliations