Jonathan A. Ross practices in the area of corporate and securities law, with a particular focus on private investment fund matters.
Practice & Background
Mr. Ross represents private equity and hedge fund sponsors in the formation, structuring and ongoing operation of domestic and offshore private equity funds and hedge funds, including private equity-related cross-border mergers and acquisitions. In particular, Mr. Ross represents funds that primarily invest in real estate and renewable and alternative energy. He also represents institutional investors acquiring and selling positions in private equity funds and hedge funds in the United States and abroad.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Mr. Ross served as a research assistant to David Rothkopf, a scholar at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
Mr. Ross’ recent engagements include representing:
- a fund sponsor in connection with the structuring, formation and negotiation of a $920 million investment fund focused on distressed and special situations investments
- a fund sponsor in connection with the structuring, formation and negotiation of a $615 million investment fund targeting Asian real estate investments
- a private equity fund sponsor in connection with the $790 million sale of a U.K.-based offshore wind turbine installation company
- a private equity fund sponsor in connection with the $680 million sale of a Brazilian ethanol and sugar production company
- a private foundation endowment in connection with investments in alternative assets, including private equity and hedge funds.