- Assists in a range of complex litigation.
Katie Tongalson focuses on a variety of litigation, including dispute resolution related to bankruptcy, investment funds and white collar defense.
- Defending various hedge funds in federal securities actions related to allegations of violations of Section 16(b) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- Advising the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Cumulus Media through trial in federal bankruptcy court.
- Defending a prominent hedge fund in an investigation by the SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office into possible insider trading.
- Defending a multi-billion-dollar investment fund in class action litigation relating to control person and insider trading claims associated with alleged accounting fraud by a Korean-based semiconductor company.
- Representing pro bono clients in immigration and criminal justice proceedings.