- Maintains a general corporate practice advising on a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions.
Mazen Baddar advises on general corporate matters across a number of sectors. He advises large international private companies, sovereign wealth funds and government-owned entities on a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, including private equity, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial services and securities law.
- Advised one of the UAE’s most financially substantial sovereign holding entities in a number of its share acquisitions ranging from $60 million to $300 million.
- Advised one of the UAE’s largest defense conglomerates on its acquisition of a 40 percent stake in a UAE-based military maintenance company from some of the largest U.S. defense contractors.
- Represented a large Russian-based oil company in its acquisition of a 5 percent stake (valued over $1 billion) in an ultra-sour gas concession from a national oil company.
- Advised one of the UAE’s most financially substantial sovereign holding entities in its investment into India’s largest vaccine manufacturers.
- Advised two Middle Eastern governments on the creation of a $20 billion joint investment platform, the purpose of which is to identify and execute joint investment opportunities in strategic social and economic sectors.
Public Service and Affiliations