- Advises private fund sponsors.
- Advises investors on primary and secondary investments in private funds.
- Advises on structured secondary transactions.
Simon Ellis advises private fund sponsors on fundraisings and the ongoing maintenance of funds, with a focus on European mid-market and emerging-market funds. He also regularly advises clients on investments into private funds and managed accounts, and co-investments.
- Advising various European and U.K. sponsors on raising private equity funds.*
- Advising a Swedish sponsor on raising its fourth venture capital fund and a first-time manager on raising a venture capital fund.
- Assisting a premier Africa-focused sponsor on the raising of its fourth flagship pan-African fund.
- Advising a joint venture between a development finance institution and a fund of funds in respect of a management spinout.
- Advising a sponsor on subscriptions for preferred equity in its fund.