- Served as associate general counsel and acting chief counsel on China enforcement at the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR).
- Served as legal advisor to the U.S. Mission to the World Trade Organization (WTO).
- Advises companies and sovereign entities on cross-border trade and investment policy and international dispute resolution.
Stephen Kho handles matters related to trade policy and international dispute resolution. He represents companies and governments on matters ranging from market access and investment to public international law.
- Advising U.S. companies on foreign market access barrier issues, such as tariff misclassifications, technical standards, pricing and reimbursement restrictions, and licensing requirements.
- Assisting U.S. companies in international investor-state arbitration and other investment rights in relation to FTAs and bilateral investment treaties.
- Representing and advising companies and sovereign entities with regard to:
- FTA negotiations
- WTO dispute settlement proceedings
- Investment treaty negotiations
- International border disputes and national security issues
- Generalized System of Preference (GSP) proceedings, Section 301 and Notorious Market List proceedings.
- Creating and implementing strategies to enforce the intellectual property rights of U.S. companies in foreign jurisdictions.
- Advocating before U.S. Congress, the U.S. executive branch and foreign governments with respect to draft legislation and regulation in the areas of climate change, intellectual property rights, agriculture, cybersecurity and financial services.