Akin Gump Among Most-Shortlisted Firms for Law.com’s Middle East Law Awards
(Dubai) – Akin Gump is pleased to share that the firm and its lawyers have been shortlisted in six categories—among the most of any firm—for the upcoming Middle East Law Awards 2021 from The American Lawyer / Law.com. The awards event, touted as “the region’s premier legal awards” and celebrating “achievement, excellence and innovation in the legal profession,” will be held on June 10.
The shortlistings are:
- Championing Diversity - Private Practice, with Akin Gump Dubai partner in charge Mahmoud (Mac) Fadlallah shortlisted.
- Innovation through Technology - Private Practice.
- Most Promising Newcomer Award - Private Practice, with Dubai associate Sahar Abas shortlisted.
- Regulatory and Investigations Team of the Year.
- Rising Star Award – Private Practice, with Dubai counsel Johann Strauss shortlisted.
- TMT Team of the Year.
Most recently, Messrs. Fadlallah and Strauss, along with the firm, were shortlisted for Asian Legal Business’ inaugural Middle East Law Awards (learn more here), while the firm advised on Islamic Finance news’ Regulatory Capital Deal of the Year at the publication’s Deals of the Year Awards (learn more here).
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #