Through Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s long-standing relationships with some of the world’s elite hedge and private equity fund managers, our practitioners have crafted and successfully executed, worldwide, some of the industry’s most complex and highest-profile fund manager transactions.
We have advised numerous hedge and private equity fund managers spinning out of existing platforms, including investment banking platforms, as well as those folding into existing platforms or selling stakes to strategic investors. We also advise managers in seed capital arrangements and represent seeders and multiple seed funds. We develop innovative, tax-optimal solutions for fund managers, as well as for investors acquiring stakes in such managers. We have been centrally involved in a variety of cutting-edge transactions, placing our team at the forefront of major shifts within the industry.
Our lawyers are also well versed in executing combinations, strategic relationships and co-management agreements and joint venture arrangements. Our multidisciplinary approach and substantial experience in joint venture arrangements position us to assist clients through the various phases of the venture, including:
- negotiation and documentation of the initial allocation of management roles and governance rights of each party
- capitalization and economic sharing arrangements among the parties
- negotiation of the covenants relating to exclusivity
- related-party transactions
- advice relating to best practices in the labor and employment arena
- separation provisions and protections.
With over 200 funds, tax, ERISA and deal lawyers across our 21 offices, our lawyers are poised to help clients pursue opportunities worldwide.