Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s hospitality practice has broad and extensive hotel experience, including the representation of public companies and private investment funds in the acquisition, development, leasing and financing of hotels, resorts and casinos, and other hospitality-related businesses throughout the United States and internationally. We have wide-reaching acquisition, development and construction and financing experience representing both hospitality borrowers and lenders. Additionally, our lawyers have significant experience from both the borrower and the lender perspective in the workout, restructure and foreclosure of hotels. We also represent public hotel REITs in a variety of transactions, including:
- Rule 144A offerings of secured and unsecured senior notes and related tender offers for outstanding senior notes
- registered offerings of equity securities, including common and preferred stock
- mortgage loan facilities, including CMBS facilities
- joint venture transactions, including investment joint ventures with institutional investors
- acquisitions and dispositions of hotels and related assets, including single-asset transactions and multiple-asset portfolio transactions.
To complement the transactional experience, our lawyers are experienced and strategic in the negotiation of hotel operating leases, management agreements and franchise agreements.
The global reach of our experience mirrors the needs of our clients, and we provide assistance in the acquisition, development and financing of hotels in a wide range of jurisdictions, including France, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Russia, U.A.E., Uganda, the Philippines, Malaysia and Pakistan.