- Advises investment managers on a broad range of fund formation matters, including the establishment of alternative investment funds and co-invest vehicles and ongoing operational and regulatory issues.
- Advises on secondary transactions and general partner (GP)-led restructurings across a range of asset classes.
- Advises institutional investors in relation to private equity and other alternative asset investments.
Mary Lavelle has extensive experience advising investment managers both in the U.K. and internationally on a broad range of investment fund formation and asset management matters, as well as related co-investment structures and private equity-driven transactions using fund structures. Mary advises both first-time and established investment managers across a range of alternative asset classes, with a particular focus on European mid-market private equity funds and experience acting on infrastructure funds, litigation funds and real estate funds. Mary also routinely advises her clients on their internal arrangements, including carry and coinvestment schemes and regulatory requirements.
- Represented a newly formed green infrastructure manager in the establishment of its fund and coinvest vehicles, raising $1.5 billion in total.
- Represented a Swedish fund manager on the raising of its last two growth capital funds focusing on investments in Nordic online retail companies and the GP-led restructuring of an earlier predecessor fund.
- Represented one of the largest litigation funders in the world on the establishment of its fourth litigation fund which achieved its hard cap at a first and final closing.
- Represented a first-time U.K. fund manager on the raising of a private equity fund which achieved a first and final closing within six weeks of instruction.
- Regularly advises one of the world’s premier secondaries institutions on a range of its buy-side and sell-side secondaries transactions across a range of asset classes, including the acquisition of portfolios of fund interests, direct investments, real estate assets and nonperforming loans and the sale of a tail-end fund portfolio.