- Works on a variety of domestic and international debt financings
- Works on deals all over the globe.
Ryan Kim focuses his practice on private equity-related corporate finance transactions, including secured and unsecured senior and subordinated financings for acquisition, bridge, project and working capital purposes. He also advises in restructurings, workouts and debtor-in-possession and exit financings.
- Represented an ad hoc group of second-lien lenders in connection with a refinancing and subsequent bankruptcy case of a leading renewable energy company. Drafted, negotiated and managed the financing aspect of the case, which was highly complex. The matter involved hundreds of debtor entities around the globe, as well as many different classes of investors involved in lawsuits as they sought to recover their losses. The company successfully exited bankruptcy, and the second-lien debt holders participating in the exit financing received a high percentage of the company’s new common stock.
- Counseled a mining producer and exporter of premium met coal in a remarkable turnaround from bankruptcy to filing an initial public offering to completing a dividend recap. Drafted, negotiated and managed the financing aspect of the case. The team guided the client through acquiring assets via a Section 363 sale, emerging from bankruptcy, establishing a $100 million asset-based credit facility, to an initial public offering and issuance of $350 million secured notes.
- Assisted an informal lender group to a renowned start-up company facing a government investigation as well as related lawsuits from its equity investors, all stemming from allegations that investment documents contained fraudulent information. Represented clients in negotiating a settlement deal with the company and with the equity investors, deleveraging their debt exposure. The highly contentious negotiations were completed within a tight timeframe.
- Represented a group of secured lenders to a brand name apparel company in connection with its bankruptcy and its emergence from bankruptcy. Drafted, negotiated and managed the financing aspect of the case. Clients received a take-back term loan debt upon exit.
- Counseled a wine and spirit distributor in securing financing for a leveraged buyout as well as liquidity for working capital purposes. These included $415 million of term and asset-backed revolving facilities. Also provided ongoing representation in connection with subsequent amendments. Drafted, negotiated and advised the client on all aspects of the financing.