- Corporate tax lawyer with particular experience in investment funds and financial restructurings.
- Previously with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), the U.K. tax authority.
Serena Lee advises on all aspects of corporate tax, including domestic and international corporate and finance transactions, financial restructurings and corporate reorganizations. She also advises on a broad range of funds and investment structures, oil and gas tax issues and handles activist shareholder matters.
- Representing fund managers on fund formation and separately managed account arrangements, fee and carry structures, incentive compensation planning, secondary transactions and investment structures.
- Advised BrightSphere Investment Group PLC, a NYSE listed global asset management company, on the acquisition of certain investment assets and a related corporate reorganization.
- Advised the noteholders of Premier Oil, an independent British U.K. oil company with worldwide oil and gas interests, in the restructuring of its $2.7 billion debt and its merger with Chrysaor Holdings Limited.
- Advised the ad hoc committee of noteholders in relation to the financial restructuring of Valaris plc, an offshore drilling contractor, and its outstanding debt liabilities.
- Advised the ad hoc group of guaranteed bondholders in relation to the financial restructuring of Noble Corporation plc, a U.K. offshore drilling contractor.