The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2020 Recognizes Akin Gump Lawyers and Practices
(Hong Kong) – The Legal 500, in its 2020 Asia-Pacific guide, has recognized a number of Akin Gump practices and individuals in the firm’s Hong Kong and Singapore offices as being among the leaders in their respective fields. This annual guide provides ranking and editorial analysis of law firms operating in the legal marketplaces of 20 Asia-Pacific jurisdictions.
In Hong Kong, Akin Gump is ranked in the following practice areas:
- Investment funds
- Partner Anne-Marie Godfrey, noted as “responsive, flexible with client demands” and for having a “strong reputation,” is recommended and noted as a Leading Individual.
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Partner Naomi Moore is recommended, included as a Leading Individual and noted as “a pleasure to work with” who “provide[s] smart, decisive and knowledgeable advice to bondholders on restructuring and insolvency matters.”
In Singapore, Akin Gump is ranked in the following practice areas:
- Investment funds: foreign firms
- Singapore partner in charge Robert Griffin, who “offers considered and workable solutions to difficult problems and hurdles, demonstrated first-class skills and experience in all aspects of the representation, and managed a team that delivered legal services of the highest quality,” is recommended.
- Energy: foreign firms
- Projects: foreign firms
- Messrs. Joyce and Greening are recommended. Mr. Joyce is noted for his ‘excellent record in oil and gas and power’ and as a ‘potent force in upstream and midstream oil and gas, and power.’
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 1,000 lawyers and advisors in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.