- Advises investment managers throughout Asia.
- Advises fund investors and service providers.
Anne-Marie Godfrey has extensive experience of advising investment managers throughout Asia on the establishment and regulation of hedge funds, private equity funds and retail funds. She counsels extensively on European regulatory issues (including Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD)) and obtains Securities and Futures Commission authorization for Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities funds for distribution to the retail public in Hong Kong.
- Counseled on the spinout of a proprietary hedge fund trading desk from a Japanese investment bank, including advice on the issuance of debt and equity interests in the new investment management entity, the setting up of a managed account arrangement and the establishment of a master-feeder hedge fund structure.
- Advised a leading Middle East investment bank as the sponsor and an Egyptian investment advisor to a fund dedicated to investing in infrastructure projects by a number of supranational and government organizations in the Mediterranean area.
- Counseled a Hong Kong-based fund of hedge funds manager on internal restructuring.
- Represented a large conglomerate on the establishment of a fund to invest in Bordeaux and Burgundy wines targeted at mainland Chinese investors.
- Advised a Cayman Islands hedge fund and several investment management entities on their respective deregistrations and liquidations involving a number of Hong Kong and Cayman Islands legal and regulatory issues.