- Advises on international energy, utilities and infrastructure projects across Asia, Africa, Latin America, North America and the Middle East.
- Holds particular experience in Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) project development.
- Also handles cross-border mergers and acquisitions and divestitures.
Paul Greening advises a range of clients—including private equity and fund investors, project sponsors and developers—on international energy, utilities and infrastructure projects. The bulk of his practice includes energy-related, cross-border transactions; oil and gas contracts; project development; and associated maritime law advice.
- Advised Anadarko as the operator and lead developer of the Mozambique LNG Project in relation to the signing of a sale and purchase agreement (SPA) with JERA Co., Inc. in Japan and CPC Corporation in Taiwan. The agreement calls for the delivered ex-ship supply of 1.6 million tons per annum of liquefied natural gas (LNG) for an initial term of 17 years.
- Anadarko as the operator and lead developer of Mozambique LNG (MZLNG) project in relation to the development of a master LNG sales agreement for short-medium term and spot trading of LNG cargoes from the MZLNG project
- Represented Blackpeak (Holdings) Limited, an investigative research firm with offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, PRC, Japan and US in the sale of 100% of its business to Acuris, a provider of global data, intelligence, research and analysis.
- Provided counsel to HOPU Investments in connection with its initial acquisition of a minority interest in, and associated debt financing of, a company with upstream interests in sub-Saharan Africa and negotiation of a marketing services agreement establishing a framework to jointly develop LNG export projects in Africa. Also advised on its $100 million acquisition of further tranches of “hybrid” convertible equity interests in this company and associated LNG project development company.
Public Service and Affiliations