Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s mergers and acquisitions (M&A) practice represents public and private companies, prominent investment funds, boards of directors and special committees, investors, senior management and shareholders in complex mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, partnerships and other strategic transactions. Our core M&A team is supported by our debt finance, tax, executive compensation and employee benefits, labor, intellectual property, real estate, environmental, antitrust, regulatory and policy practitioners. Our network includes relationships with financial advisors, investment banks, accountants and lenders throughout the world.
Akin Gump has advised on a variety of high profile recent M&A transactions, including –
Private Equity Transactions
- Funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management in its acquisition of RegionalCare Hospital Partners Holdings from Warburg Pincus and RegionalCare Hospital Partners in its subsequent merger with Capella Healthcare, Inc. to form RCCH Health Partners
- Rizvi Traverse Management in its potential sale of music rights organization SESAC, which represents artists including Bob Dylan and Neil Diamond, to funds affiliated with Blackstone
- Angelo, Gordon & Co. in the sale of its stake in Oak Street Holdings Corporation to First Financial Bank, N.A., a subsidiary of First Financial Bankcorp, for $110 million in cash
- Blackstone Tactical Opportunities in its minority investment in Ai Media Group, LLC, a performance-based digital marketing services company
- Apollo Global Management in its management-led buyout of Constellis, a leading provider of operational support and risk management services, by a consortium of investors.
Public M&A Transactions
- VCA, Inc. in its approximately $9.1 billion announced acquisition by Mars, Incorporated
- Alliance Data Systems Corporation in its $2.3 billion acquisition of Conversant, Inc.
- CIFG Holding Inc. in its $450 million acquisition by Assured Guaranty Corp.
- CST Brands, Inc. in its definitive agreement with 7-Eleven and its affiliate, SEI Fuel Services, to sell California and Wyoming Stores for $408 million.
Energy Related M&A Transactions
- Natural Gas Partners, Memorial Resource Development Corp.'s largest shareholder in its $4.4 billion sale to Range Resources Corp.
- EOG Resources, Inc. in a $2.5 billion agreement to combine with Yates Petroleum Corporation, Abo Petroleum Corporation, MYCO Industries, Inc. and certain other entities
- The Conflicts Committee of Regency Energy Partners LP in its $18 billion merger with Energy Transfer Partners, L.P.
- Diamondback Energy, Inc. in its $2.45 billion acquisition of oil and gas assets in the Delaware basin.
Akin Gump has been at the forefront of some of the most sophisticated transactions in recent years. In coordination with our preeminent financial restructuring practice, the firm has achieved market leadership positions for our role in distressed transactions, restructurings and 363 sales. In addition to closing scores of middle-market deals, our team has advised on a number of high-profile transactions, including global telecommunications mergers, groundbreaking traditional and renewable energy deals, and some of the largest leveraged buyouts in history.
Our M&A team advises clients with respect to:
- leveraged buyouts
- stock sales, asset sales and mergers
- joint ventures and strategic alliances
- going private transactions
- tender offers
- contested transactions
- sales of distressed assets
- acquisition financing
- shareholder activism matters
- tax structuring
- management and employee participation and incentive programs
- corporate governance matters
- anti-takeover preparedness and advice.