Litigators from the firm’s renowned labor and employment and Supreme Court and appellate practices—both of which have been named as Law360’s practice groups of the year and are consistently recognized in Chambers USA—work collaboratively to offer our clients top-of-the-market representation on labor and employment appeals.
- Represented McDonald’s in major appeal of a class action decision involving whether plaintiff employees of a franchisee can bring wage-and-hour claims against a corporate franchisor as a “joint employer.” Obtained complete victory in a precedential 9th Circuit decision and defeated en banc review.
- Defended the National Football League in high-profile disciplinary actions against players, including Adrian Peterson, Ezekiel Elliott, Tom Brady and Lane Johnson. Briefed and argued successful appeals throughout the country, including in the 2nd, 5th and 8th Circuits.
- Secured an important ERISA victory for Caesars Entertainment Corporation in the 3rd Circuit in a claim by a multiemployer pension fund. In a precedential opinion, the 3rd Circuit unanimously accepted Caesars’ no-liability arguments on an issue of first impression.
- Won unanimous affirmance in the D.C. Circuit on behalf of Starbucks in a discrimination case, ending the proceedings with a victory before summary judgment and trial.
- Represented a major insurance company in the 7th Circuit and obtained a complete reversal of a $27 million judgment for defamation and violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. The plaintiffs were former employees terminated following an investigation into allegations of improper trading.