- Practice focuses on the labor work in transaction and restructuring engagements, advice and counsel, including litigation and dispute resolution.
- Member, New York office Hiring Committee.
Lauren Leyden regularly leads the labor and employment components of transactional and restructuring engagements, and advising clients on the acquisition and structuring of labor, including:
- Evaluation of workforces
- Traditional labor
- Negotiation of collective bargaining agreements
- Transfer, hiring or firing of workers on the buy and sell side.
- Representing the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Sears Holdings Corporation with regard to employment matters in the Chapter 11 cases.
- Advising FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. in its $5 billion debt restructuring, which is among the largest and most complex filings of 2018; leading the labor team in negotiations with multiple locals of the Utility Workers Union of America and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
- Advised the Ad Hoc First Lien Lender Group with regard to the significant labor and employment components in connection with restructuring of Avaya, Inc., including providing advice on pension matters.
- Advised 7-Eleven, Inc., the largest chain in the convenience-retailing industry, in the high-stakes labor and employment issues in an asset purchase agreement with Sunoco LP to acquire approximately
1,108 convenience stores located in 18 states, in a deal valued at $3.3 billion.
- Counseled ISH and certain of its subsidiaries, with regard to the labor and employment components in its Chapter 11 proceeding, leading the labor team to negotiate with the American Radio Association; Seafarers International Union; Marine Engineers' Beneficial Association; and International Organization of Masters, Mates & Pilots.
Public Service and Affiliations