Michael S. Miller is a member of the firm’s corporate practice group, focusing primarily on mergers and acquisitions, project finance, debt offerings and securities matters.
Practice & Background
Mr. Miller works with both private and public companies across multiple industries. In particular, he has worked with renewable energy companies, private equity firms, financial institutions and entertainment and media companies.
Mr. Miller is a Certified Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2007 with a B.A. in business economics. He received his J.D. in 2010 from New York University School of Law.
Mr. Miller’s recent engagements include the representation of:
- a major wind farm developer in connection with the financing of a 250 MW solar (PV) project located in San Luis Obispo, California. Financing of this project included a $1.237 billion construction and permanent loan guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Energy
- a major community college district in connection with development, construction and financing for a multicampus solar energy facility installation program using tax-efficient financing strategies
- a private North American wind energy company in connection with the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States
- a multi-regional multi-platform publishing company in its acquisition by a private equity firm.
Awards & Accolades
- Southern California Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” (2014, 2016)
- Certified as a Certified Information Privacy Professional / United States (CIPP/US), International Association of Privacy Professionals (2016)