Vanessa F. Roman is a member of the firm’s entertainment and media practice.
Practice & Background
Ms. Roman advises a variety of clients in the entertainment industry including financial institutions, borrowers, distributors, and independent production companies in various aspects of the production, financing and distribution of film and television projects.
Ms. Roman received her B.A. from the University of California at Los Angeles and her J.D. from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, with a certificate in Entertainment Law. Ms. Roman was a finalist in the Hale Moot Court Honors Competition and was a participant in the New York City Bar’s National Moot Court Competition in law school. She is a member of the California Bar Association and Beverly Hills Bar Association.
Ms. Roman’s recent engagements include:
- representing Ratpac-Dune Entertainment on its secured revolving credit facility, which provides financing for as many as 75 titles in connection with its multiyear co-financing agreement with Warner Bros. Pictures
- representing Comerica Bank as agent and lender on a secured revolving credit facility providing up to $150 million of borrowing base financing to a U.S. studio
- representing Trinity Opportunities Limited and Shikumen Capital Management (HK) Limited in $275 million of new funding in a six-year mezzanine debt and equity arrangement, a transaction which was awarded “Private Equity Deal of the Year” at the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) Asia Awards 2013
- representing a SunTrust Bank in connection with a senior secured revolving credit facility to a Toronto-based film and television company
- representing Comerica Bank, Union Bank, OneWest Bank and other financiers on multiple, single project loans, including for the films The Hunger Games franchise, Red 2, Blackbird, Echo, Mortdecai, and the television series’ Orange is the New Black and Hannibal.
Awards & Accolades
- Variety’s “Up Next” section in the Legal Impact Report (2017)
- Variety’s “New Leaders” list in the area of law (2016)
- Southern California Super Lawyers – “Rising Stars” in Entertainment & Sports (2013-2018).