Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019 Recognizes Akin Gump Lawyers and Practices
(Hong Kong) – Five Akin Gump lawyers have been recognized by Chambers and Partners in its 2019 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific. In addition, seven of the firm’s practices were ranked. Chambers Asia-Pacific covers 41 jurisdictions, from the Central Asian region to Japan, from China to the South Pacific.
In the Asia-Pacific region, the ranked Akin Gump lawyers are as follows, with ranked practices in bold:
- Stephen Kho is noted as being “very knowledgeable” and “good at communicating with clients smoothly.” Additionally, he “can always organize a good team consisting of great lawyers who have the expertise required for the case.”
In China, the ranked practice areas and lawyers are:
International Trade/WTO (International Firms)
- Tatman Savio “provides legal opinion exactly to the point and understands the client’s business needs.”
Investment Funds (International Firms)
- Anne-Marie Godfrey is recognized as someone who understands the hedge fund world and “knows what’s important to managers. She works very efficiently and expeditiously and she's very good at explaining the legal issues in layman terms.”
Restructuring/Insolvency (International Firms)
- Naomi Moore is well respected for her strong practice, primarily advising creditors on financial restructurings and bankruptcy proceedings.
In Singapore, the ranked practice areas and lawyers are:
Energy & Natural Resources: International
Investment Funds: International
- One client says Robert Griffin “is highly knowledgeable in all areas of funds law including regulatory matters, fund terms and provisions.”
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #